Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Iris Frenzy

Deb's garden contains some wonderful Irises that showed their full colors and textures during the Spring just passed.  With my renewed interest in photography, I found I spent much time enjoying the flow of their colors and textures.  We think our Irises are mostly of the Bearded and Siberian variety, though we might have some Japanese Irises too.  Per the Internet, source of all knowledge, Siberian and Japanese Irises can sometimes be confusing to tell apart.  Well, at least one other person thought so...

All photos are shot handheld, many with my 60mm macro.
These are definitely some of my most favorite photos, and they proved to be especially fun to photograph with the macro lens.

I've included the focal length used to take each photo at the end of each caption.


Red Beard  300mm




Lit Veins  300mm




A Closer Look  60mm



Amazing Display  60mm



Amazing Display Even Closer  60mm



Flowing  60mm



Amazing Display Closer Still  60mm



Sunlit Elegance  40mm




All photos © 2015, all rights reserved.  Contact me for licensing or to order prints.  Coming soon (hopefully): a way to order prints directly from this site.

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures called: A Closer Look, Flowing, and Amazing Display Closer Still. I look forward to you getting prints made so we can offer note cards!

    ReplyDelete