Thursday, October 14, 2021

First Fall Photos

While September 22 was the first official day of autumn this year, the leaves in my area begin to show their colors several weeks later than that. Mid-October is generally when the colors begin to show in earnest.

Sometimes temps are not even particularly chilly yet. I took these photos in lovely 72 degree weather, two days ago, during yet another walk around the Res. (Have you figured out that I walk around the Res. a lot?)

As you can plainly see, the leaves are definitely beginning to turn their wonderful fall colors.

This is a glorious time of year to be in New England.

All photos are taken with my cell phone.

Reflecting Life



Here is a wider panorama.

Mirror Trees



Scene from the Edge


Though they are quite tiny in this next photo, those are cormorants on logs in the "center" of the image. I often see them relaxing atop those logs. The natural wide angle view of my cell phone is a little deceiving in that the cormorants are actually much closer to me than the furthermost trees seen in the photo, which are just beyond the reservoir dam.

Cormorants Blissfully Basking




Yellow Leaf Zone




Roots and Leaves Discuss


 All photos © 2021, all rights reserved.  Contact phil@philslens.com for licensing or to order prints.



No comments:

Post a Comment