Sunday, October 6, 2019

Dragonfly - Study in Four Views

This particular dragonfly was quite small, with (at most) a two inch wingspan. It wasn't particularly colorful, nor were its wings complete. Nevertheless, it stayed in our garden just long enough for me to get a few shots off with my macro lens (handheld, natural light). The lens was just a few inches away from the subject.

Here I present four different views.

Dragonfly View 1





Dragonfly View 2




While this next view is very similar to the prior one, I took this photo from a slightly higher perspective. I also post-processed this with an "artistic" filter that added a different tone to the photo, introducing, in particular, some blue hues.

Dragonfly View 3




For this shot, I was finally able to make my way around to the side of the dragonfly. The subject flew away immediately after this capture.

Dragonfly View 4




All photos © 2019, all rights reserved.  Contact philslens@gmail.com for licensing or to order prints.

2 comments: