Sunday, October 6, 2019

Creatures Among Us

Here's a small sampling of creatures seen in our yard. While we go about our daily business, so do they.


I wonder if this creature likes crocosmia as much as I do?

Explorer



When reviewing my shots I found four that were similar but had slightly different areas of this next insect that were in focus, so I decided to try a focus stack, even though that wasn't the original intent of the series. Near 1:1 macro shots always have an extremely narrow depth of field. Focus stacking, when successful, manages to get more of the subject in focus.

King of the Hill



I spotted this next long legged friend while eating my lunch outdoors. After taking only this one photo, it jumped away.

Railing Jumper



All photos © 2019, all rights reserved.  Contact philslens@gmail.com for licensing or to order prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment