Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Clouds

We had an amazingly powerful thunderstorm this evening.  The wind gusts were supposedly in the 80+ miles per hour range. We heard that some neighboring towns received 1 1/2 to 2 inch size hail. The rain fell in buckets and the trees swayed heavily.  Fortunately, it all passed rather quickly, lasting less than a half hour or so. We did lose power for a brief moment.

A few hours later blue sky showed up, just during sunset.  I thought I'd run outside and grab a few pictures.  These photos were all taken with my 60mm (120mm equivalent) lens just a short time ago. These therefore rate as the "freshest" pictures I've ever blogged to date.



Cloud and Tree Silhouettes




A Bit of Sun




Cloud Layers




Framed by Trees




Blue Sky Background



All photos © 2015, all rights reserved.  Contact me for licensing or to order prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment