Saturday, August 8, 2015

A Horse is a Horse, of Course, of Course

For those of you that remember the Mr. Ed TV show theme song, you'll know where I got today's post title. Today I'm sharing a few horse photos. I'm not really all that familiar with horses, except to plainly see that they are beautiful powerful animals. It was a complete and unexpected surprise when two horses decided to show up for a visit during one of my regular walks around the reservoir.  One of the horses loved to play in the water. It turns out they are stabled nearby and visit this beach spot often, just not always when I'm there. In any case, I'm glad our visits coincided on this particular day. All photos below taken with my 75-300mm lens.
 

You gotta love the hair.  His eyelid has a greenish hue; I don't know if that's normal or not.  I haven't modified the color.

Less than Half a Horse Head



Do you think this horse's mane is short?  Or just all on the other side?

Horse Enjoying the Sunny Day



This horse is not running through the water. He is quite stationary, and raising and lowering his leg to intentionally splash the water. His trainer / owner (the woman in black) informed us this horse loves to splash in the water.

Splashing Away


All photos © 2015, all rights reserved.  Contact me for licensing or to order prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment