Friday, June 18, 2021

Eye-popping Echinacea

As promised in my earlier "Spring Collection" blog post, here I present several echinacea photos (plus one bird). This red echinacea variety is new to our garden this year.

These have bloomed out with striking red (and white) color. I had a hard time deciding which views to share, so I decided to share many.

Echinacea 1




Echinacea 2



While photographing the echinacea, this robin decided to visit. Since I had my macro lens rather than my telephoto lens on my camera, I couldn't get a close-up shot in-camera, because the robin wasn't particularly close to me. However, I managed to capture this from about 20 feet away, then cropped and enhanced with LightRoom's recently introduced AI-based "super resolution". The jury is still out about whether or not robin's care about echinacea, but I think not. It was the nearby cherry tree that held interest.

Visiting Robin




Echinacea 3




Echinacea 4


This is a different bloom than shown in the previous photo; note the thinner petals.

Echinacea 5




Echinacea 6




Echinacea 7




Echinacea 8




Echinacea 9




 All photos © 2021, all rights reserved.  Contact philslens@gmail.com for licensing or to order prints.



No comments:

Post a Comment