Monday, May 1, 2017

Macro Monday

The buds and blossoms of spring merit a closer look. Actually, a really close look.
Today's post contains some recent favorite shots taken with my 60mm macro lens, some at 1:1 magnification. All photos are taken with natural light and with no props to modify the light; all photos are handheld except for one taken with a tripod.

Our redbud tree is remarkably enjoyable to observe this time of year. Here's a sample taken after a recent rain.

Redbud Water Drops



Azalea Performance



Soaking Up Some Sun



Skywards



Paperbark Curl


While walking around the Ashland Reservoir, I met a woman walking in the opposite direction who told me to look for this turtle she saw a few minutes earlier on her walk. No way I would have noticed this small creature, an inch in length, had I not received a warning. She told me about it because she saw I was taking pictures. The turtle's color was extremely dark, so it made for an extra photographic challenge to take some of his highlights out of the shadows. Needless to say, the end of my macro lens was larger than the turtle and less than an inch away to take this photo.

Tiny Turtle



Fuzzy



On Fire


Do you see the three visiting bugs?

Botanical Creature



Botanical Creature Pose 2



Grape Hyacinth Forest



Grape and Blade



Daffodil Beacon



Back of the House Many Times



Drenched

Here's the same photo, cropped in closer:

Sunlight Below


Wet Redbud



Streamers



Upside Down Trees



All photos © 2017, all rights reserved.  Contact me for licensing or to order prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment