Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Cherry Blossoms

This post is a set of photos I took of one of our two cherry trees. These are all taken with the 75-300mm Oly telephoto lens, most at 300mm (600mm equivalent). I enjoyed that I was able to vary the background color by simply pointing to a different section of the tree. All achieved nice isolation of the blossoms simply because they are shot with a telephoto lens at max magnification.

Personally, I feel this lens is way underrated by the "photographic community." I love the fact that I can carry around a lens with this incredible reach, and yet it only weighs 14.9 ounces and is a rather short 116.5mm in length. It won't work quite so well in dim light, do its modest aperture ability, but that's a worthwhile tradeoff, as I prefer good light to make for more pleasing shots in any case. These are taken in the morning light.

Can you spot the bee in this first one?

Making a Bee Line for It



Greenback



Tree Top



Bouquet



Set Against Deep Green



Bright Blue Sky Backing

This is a cropped version of the next photo to follow it. I show both because I feel they both have a story to tell.

Mid Tree Blossoms



Mid Tree Blossoms 2



Framed Cherry Blossoms



Sweeping Vistas


Elegance




All photos © 2017, all rights reserved.  Contact me for licensing or to order prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment